Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back in Time: June 2008 post "Sumba Swims"

At first I was only swimming my sheltie who had the FHO, but realized I should be working on my pomeranians with arthritis too!
I got in this morning with not only Vaastu but then with Sumba -- my 11 year old Pom with arthritis, a collapsing trachea, and an enlarged heart. He Loved it! At one point, he just chilled out in "hug" mode (he puts his front paws on either shoulder and faces me) with his back legs floating (I was supporting his bottom -- and he gave me lots of kisses. :) No panting, no coughing while in the water. I set him out to swim twice (each for a few seconds) and he did a lot of splashing and his hind end sunk, so I think we'll keep working on it.

When we got out, he did some lovely shakes, ballerina stretches (back legs out one at a time), and then proceed to run around the living room and on all the towels I laid out trying to dry himself off. He felt really good. He's an awesome little dog, hangs out on the back of couches and has always been very trusting and willing to do anything for me. Can't wait to get him in the water again!!

No comments: